1 Creative Chic

Saturday, February 19, 2011

2011 Grocery Budget

I made a goal (not a resolution) to keep my grocery budget at $225 a month for 2011. I know this is very difficult, especially when you have a husband that insists on eating meat  with every meal! Last month I went over budget because I went a little coupon crazy and felt like I needed to get all the deals. But, I am now realizing that you don't need 10 bottles of dish soap, even if it is a good deal. I did stock up on some case lot stuff so I am building a little food storage, and it will help lower my food bill for other months. So far for this month I am under budget and am hoping that I am going to meet my goal!  Couponing definitely takes time and work, but if you are a stay at home mom and trying to make ends meet it is totally worth it! I would love to help anyone who is just getting started or thinking about getting started with couponing.

2 Comments:

  • At April 12, 2011 at 11:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm really impressed with your low, low budget!!! I just went to the store today and spent more than that on what will just get us through the next week! I'd appreciate any advice you're willing to give. - Kim

     
  • At April 13, 2011 at 2:17 PM , Blogger 1 CREATIVE CHIC said...

    Thanks you. I know it can be very expensive to feed your family! My husband likes to eat a lot of meat and that is really expensive. Some good advice is if you are not couponing, you should think about starting. Especially for toiletry items such as t.p, deoderant, toothpaste and such. I follow several couopning sites, such as Utahdealdiva.com, freebies2deals.com and pinchingyourpennies.com. I am not sure where you live but some stores will double coupons (not in Utah where I live) and then you can really get good deals. Couponing is a lot of work but well worth it! Sorry this is so long, but I hoped it helped. Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home