1 Creative Chic

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Need A Fun Dinner Idea?

Yesterday I was having a hard time deciding what to do for dinner. I had pulled out hamburger but wasn't sure what to make. We needed a change from spaghetti or hamburger patties. I decided to make nachos. I have to say they turned out excellent, and my husband LOVED them! (and they were very filling!)
What you need:

1 pound of hamburger
1 bag of tortilla chips
1 packet of taco seasoning mix (mix with about 1/2 cup of water)
1 can of refried beans
1 can of mexican stewed tomatoes
1 small block of velveeta cheese
1 can of olives
(if you are extra naughty cheddar cheese)

First brown your meat, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion salt and whatever other seasonings you like. When meat has browned a little bit, add packet of seasoning mix & water. Let simmer. Next, mix can of beans and stewed tomatoes together (my husband prefers the tomatoes pureed) heat it up. Melt your velveeta cheese then start layering everything together. I wish I would have taken a picture because they turned out great! You can also add lettuce, onions, tomatoes or whatever else you like! Experiment and have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home